Health and Wellbeing
At East Sheen Primary School, we understand the need for everyone in our school community to have a healthy lifestyle. This helps pupils, staff and families to do their best and build on their achievements. We actively encourage physical and emotional health, and aim to equip pupils with the understanding and skills they need to make informed decisions about their health, both now and in the future. We appreciate that at some point in our lives we all experience difficulties which can make us vulnerable, therefore through our ethos, curriculum, Thinking School tools (including habits of mind, thinking hats and maps) and interventions we;
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience
On this page you will find details of some of the activities carried out in each year group as well as Wellbeing Week which we celebrate annually as a school in order to achieve healthier lifestyles for our whole school community.
Wellbeing Week 2018
This year we held a wellbeing week from the 2nd to the 6th July. Our focus was on creating opportunities to talk to each other. This is one of the important ways to support positive mental health and protect people from developing mental illness. There is evidence to suggest that feeling ‘connected’ decreases the likelihood of becoming mentally ill.
We also considered other ways that promote wellbeing such as pursuing hobbies, exercise, meditation and meeting friends.